ETA 2023 Q2
Star Wars™: The Black Series HasLab Is Finally Here
For the first time ever, The Black Series has arrived at HasLab. After the success of other iconic Star Wars projects like The Vintage Collection’s Razor Crest™ and the outpouring of fan requests, we knew without a doubt The Black Series needed to be represented. Wait no longer, fans and collectors; we’re here with something epic. A towering figure with a formidable arm span, measuring 42 inches (106.68 cm) from talon to talon. A figure that evokes the nostalgia of another era. A figure that embodies the thrill of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi™. The Rancor™.
Classic Film, Iconic Creature
A terrifying and mesmerizing creature, the Rancor is an unforgettable part of the Star Wars galaxy. When the team began to think about The Black Series HasLab project, the Rancor was the undisputed winner. It’s even one of our designer’s favorite movie monsters of ALL TIME. How could it not be?! A ferocious and formidable opponent whose commanding size and brute force strength is enough to rattle even the most powerful Jedi™. And HasLab is the only way to bring the Rancor to you. Here we have the freedom to breathe new life into classic figures in an extraordinary out-of-the-box way, creating legendary sculpts to add to your collection. Join us by funding this larger-than-life monster now!
This crowdfunded project will run from October 22nd to December 6th. If successful, the project will begin shipping in Spring 2023.
Get to Know the Rancor
- The largest figure ever made by Star Wars: The Black Series. It dwarfs our standard 6-inch-scale figures… as it should.
- At 42 inches (106.68 cm) long, the Rancor’s arm span makes it wider than it is tall, helping recreate his formidable, inescapable presence.
- Its 12.8 inches (32.512 cm) deep (from nose to the back of the figure) and 12 inches (30.48 cm) wide body (from shoulder to shoulder) gives the Rancor substance and durability.
- Standing at 17.5 inches (44.45 cm) tall, the Rancor can stretch its arms up to give it an even more massive height of 27 inches (68.58 cm), allowing fans to replicate any of the fearsome roaring poses seen in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
- Over 45 points of articulation, the most ever done in The Black Series, all the way down to its talons. This gives the Rancor the ability to grab The Black Series 6-inch-scale figures in its talons and bring them up to its articulated jaw for a “snack”. After which, you may want to adjust the piece of drool by its mouth.
- The Black Series largest figure to ever have Butterfly joints, which allow the Rancor to be posed in just about any of the positions you’ve seen in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. They also let the Rancor cross its arms in front of its chest and outstretch them on either side of its body, increasing the menacing display possibilities.
- We’ve created a new standard in shoulder pad articulation and applied it to the Rancor for the most premium, top-of-the-line figure possible from The Black Series. The Rancor’s shoulder pads allow it to maintain its iconic monstrous aesthetic without inhibiting its movement.
- Above and beyond the high-quality sculpt and precise detail work you’ve come to know and love from The Black Series.
- The Black Series most decorated figure in history with over 900 deco ops!
- Entertainment-inspired details, including the broken shackle and chain on its right wrist. The designers had the privilege of seeing the original prop used in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi up close and in person, so they were able to bring every detail they could to life.
- The nostalgia-evoking scene recreation possibilities are nearly endless!